The Saudi border is open for tourist visas which are also able to perform Umrah. Please check further down for more information.
Welcome to MuslimTravelGirl’s DIY Umrah Guides
In 2012 when I started my dream was to perform an Umrah. After looking at Umrah packages and the prices I was so disappointed I couldn’t afford to visit the Holy cities of Makkah and Medinah in style just like I wanted, so I decided to perform my own DIY Umrah.
I decided to perform my own DIY Umrah (or Do-It-Yourself Umrah). Since then I have become the “Umrah girl” and I have performed Umrah several times with amazing savings and also helped thousands of other Muslims through this Umrah blog to do exactly the same.
Umrah should not be an unattainable dream, it should be a spiritual uplift in a busy world!
Umrah (Islamic Pilgrimage) was one of the best trips I have ever taken and I never even dreamt of having the ability to perform an Umrah during the last 10 nights of Ramadan with massive savings.
My first Umrah was in 2013 for under £300 per person, including flights and hotels but excluding the visas!
My second Umrah was in 2015 during the last 10 nights of Ramadan in the newly opened Hyatt Makkah and we travelled in business class costing us a total of £2000 for two people and a saving of a standard Umrah package of £18,000.
My passion is to help as many Muslims as I can through this site to perform their own Do-It-Yourself Umrah and have amazing experiences without breaking the bank.
While you are on the Umrah blog section of MuslimTravelGirl you can find information on the following
- Regulations on Umrah visa fee
- Discount for UK residents and agents in the US issuing Umrah visas
- How to issue an Umrah visa without package
- How to plan your own DIY Umrah and save money
- Useful tips while you are in Makkah and Medinah
- The best up to date Umrah transportation options all in one place
- DIY Umrah packages done for you with prices and links to book saving cash
- The best most cost-effective ways to find flights and accommodation in Makkah
- Reviews of the biggest hotel chains in Makkah and Medinah
- Umrah tips for travelling with kids
- Many more Umrah tips and options for the best experience possible
My readers can expect an amazing saving between 25% to 40% depending on how savvy they are with their Umrah tips and how they use the information on this website.
“The land only packages are really expensive and I have a family of 4. Getting things done on my own is costing me only 25% of the cost they are charging for packages.” – Babar, USA
Where to start your DIY Umrah Journey
With so many articles and travel tips on Umrah, it is very easy to get confused and not sure where to start your DIY Umrah journey on this website. So below are my top five articles you should read right now!
The First article you should read on DIY Umrah is our Ultimate Guide here.
- New Saudi tourist visa- everything you need to know
- The Ultimate Guide on How to do a DIY Umrah
- Budget-Friendly Umrah for September 2019
- Umrah rules and fees for 2019 / 2020
- Comparison between DIY Umrah and Umrah Agent Packages
- Ultimate Umrah Transportation Guide from Jeddah to Mecca and Medinah
- Umrah tips for travelling with kids
Most Loved Umrah Posts
If you would like to enjoy some more content and you want to browse all Umrah tips and options we have on the blog then you can freely do so.
- Who Is DIY Umrah for and What is its Future? -Should Umrah Agents be Worried?
- Can you get a visa after Ramadan?
- The one thing every convert to Islam needs when going for Umrah
- My Umrah & Photos from Makkah
- Best Airport for Departures and Arrivals during Umrah
- What to do if you need an emergency visa for Saudi?
- All Umrah Practicalities
- American Express Muslim Friendly Card
- All Umrah FAQ
- My Umrah under £300