On my trip to Malaysia, I signed up for the Enrich program of Malaysia Airlines. Apparently, there was no other way for me to check my flight details since their system is glitchy.
After I signed up I received an email with this offer of the Hilton Premium Club which definitely intrigued me. I had already booked the Hilton Kuala Lumpur and as a Diamond, I do get all the perks but still, the blogger in me wanted to have a closer look.
Apparently, the Hilton Premium Club is a partnership offer between Malaysia airlines and Hilton hotels Malaysia, China, and Thailand. The Hilton Premium Club is a paid membership so you do have a cost, but let check if this stacks up against Hilton Gold or even not having a membership.
Hilton Premium Club
With Enrich, you can join the Hilton Premium Club today with these benefits:
- 15% off membership fee (RM635 instead of RM748)
- A complimentary supplementary membership card
- 1,500 Bonus Enrich Miles
- 25% discount on the total food bill when dining alone
- 50% discount when dining with one guest (2 people)
- Accommodation certificate to enjoy one complimentary night at any participating hotel in Malaysia
- Additional spa, fitness center and room discounts are exclusively provided
- Offering you exceptional flexibility and variety, your Hilton Premium Club membership card is valid at 5 hotels throughout Malaysia
Take advantage of your membership privileges at these participating hotels:
I assume you can buy just the membership instead of having to be enrolled into the Enrich program.
This costs £140 and you will receive one night free, 50% in restaurant dining if you like eating in hotels, 10% discount off room rates this includes promotional rates and some other offers.
In total unless you stay a lot in Hilton and you eat in the property a lot I doubt you will make much use of the benefits. That is of course if you use them only in Malaysia. If you start using them in some of the other properties around China and Thailand you might make better use of it.
Overall for some, it might be a good deal or might cost you the same especially if you plan it well and you use it in other hotels too. After staying in both Hilton properties in Kuala Lumpur I can say that you won’t make your money back just by staying there on a holiday.
Having Hilton Gold, on the other hand, is much more beneficial since I value the breakfast more than 50% for two dining.
Considering how easy it is to receive a Hilton Gold just after 4 stays with some of the links available, it makes much more sense to apply for one. Plus you get to keep it for a year and a half.
Members with Gold status receive all the benefits in the lower tiers:
- Guaranteed Discount: A discounted, changeable & refundable rate is exclusively available for Hilton HHonors members.
- Digital Check-In: choose your room, and customize your stay from your mobile device up to 24 hours in advance.
- Complimentary in-room and lobby Standard Internet access
- Quick reservations and check-ins based on your room preferences
- Late check-out
- Express check-out
- 2nd Guest stays free
- Complimentary access to fitness centers and health clubs
- Two complimentary bottles of water per stay
- With Gold elite status, you automatically receive a 25% bonus on all the HHonors Base Points you earn.
- Silver, Gold, and Diamond elite members will receive every 5th night free
Personally, for me, it is a no-brainer I would pick to try and achieve Gold if I am staying often with Hilton than pay for the Hilton Premium club. Unless of course, you can find value in the membership.