Today I am turning 30!
Heck time flies. Not sure how this happened but here I am and life and age don’t wait for anyone. Now, if you are above 30 and reading this you are probably thinking I’m nuts. But for me, it’s a milestone. It’s an era being closed and a new beginning.
I measure my life in decades for various reasons mostly because my life always changes every 10 years. Like drastically. I have lived for 10 years in Bulgaria, 10 years in Greece and 10 years in the UK. Now it is changing again…
So you see, it’s kind of a big thing for me. I feel more mature and definitely more settled. I am looking forward to insha’Allah (God willing) good things.
I thought I will share with you and keep for my own record the 30 things that life taught me. I could possibly select more than this (my list had 73) but I decided to keep it short. I have had a great life and it wasn’t always easy (not that now it is). People see my photos, trips and expect that all have been rosy. Definitely not!
Here goes the list:
- Life is a gift and we should appreciate it.
- Patience is a virtue and we should practise it more (this is coming from a formerly very impatient person)
- Travelling does make you more confident
- Travelling does make you wiser
- Life education is as important as university education.
- Quality over quantity is more important (I try my best)
- Doesn’t matter where you work professional conduct is important
- Social media and Instagram are not always the true reflection of someone’s life
- Unless you feel comfortable in your own skin you will never be enough for yourself
- Money is great but relationships matter more
- Minimalism really makes you happier and less stressed
- Your family will always love you, but doesn’t necessarily mean they know what is right for you.
- Islam is truly a beautiful religion, despite what the media says (look it up for yourself)
- Labelling something Halal doesn’t necessarily make it so
- Moving countries at a young age can be an eye opener
- Because you don’t consider yourself a racist, doesn’t mean you are not
- Professional blogging is harder than it looks /feel
- Being an entrepreneur is great for the flexibility but sucks for work-life balance (working on this).
- My first “job” was at 10, when I worked in my mum’s store in order to buy a bag I wanted, that handbag-love is still strong 20 years on.
- I am happy I spent the first 25 years of my life as a Christian, made me appreciate Islam and life better. I know how it feels on the “other side”. Nop, I don’t regret my decision.
- Travelling is one of the best gifts you can buy someone… really! I love seeing my mother’s happy face
- My role model is my mother
- No matter what happened in your life, you can move past it with a good EFT session (look it up J)
- Always keep friends with people you want to be like, there is a Greek saying “Show me your friends, to tell me who you are” (my dad taught me this and really helped my life)
- Be kind and polite it can make someone’s day
- Being grateful only brings more gratefulness and blessings in your life ( I have seen it with my own eyes)
- You always have a choice…
- Don’t lie it always catches up with you.
- Social media does make you lonely but also connects you with people who you would have lost touch with.
- I hate the “where are you from question” …citizen of the world is my answer 😉
Here is to an amazing decade…Happy travels!