- BA lounge Review Manchester Airport
- Hotel Review: Holiday Inn London Heathrow
- BA Galleries full photo tour of the empty morning lounge (I was lucky!)
- BA Club Europe (business class) London to Istanbul review
- Review: Primeclass lounge Istanbul airport
- Saudi Airlines Istanbul to Jeddah
- Jedda airport immigration chaos
- Photos from Mekkah- the Holiest city in the world for Muslims
- Hotel Review: Hilton Makkah Towers
- Transportation from Jeddah to Makkah and Medinah
- Demystifying Umrah: What Muslims do
- Hilton Makkah Hotel review
- Best hotels in Mekkah for you to stay during your Umrah
- Photo album of the road trip from Mekkah to Medina
and more to come
I love lounges. I think my favourite part of loyalty programs is to be able to relax before a flight. Maybe because when I was a student I spent quite a lot of time at busy airport terminals. We arrived at Heathrow Terminal 5 around 4:45 am.
Security was practically empty and I think it was the fastest I have ever been through. As we found out the lounge opens at 5 am so we had five minutes waiting time and I snapped a few photos of the empty terminal.
It is quite a cool view in my opinion. Airports mean so much to people and are such an emotional place in my opinion. You meet those whom you love and send away others. My favourite spot is the arrivals terminal. You can definitely say that “love is in the air there” .
Because we were so early the lounge was practically empty which gave me a great opportunity to snap some photos with no interruptions. Especially since the Galleries can be so busy during day time with hardly any space to sit.
Now they say that when you perform Umrah, God will test you with different calamities that really test your character. For some reason, I got carried away writing a few articles and literally, the time flew by.
Usually, we are always super punctual and we are never late for a flight. We always go with 5-10minutes to spare. At 6 am they had the ‘last call’ announcement for our flight and when they told me my gate is 15 minutes by train I almost had a heart attack.
The lovely lady in the lounge put a note that we just left so they were waiting for us, but let me say this I have never run so fast in my life. I almost thought I would collapse before the gate. Of course, we were the last to board with a minute to spare. Considering the early morning flight I think there were about 5 people in business and 10 people in the economy.