I don’t know about you but I am so excited about the news I received yesterday with regards to the new Umrah E-visa.
The new Umrah E-Visa is open with immediate effect!
Saudi Arabia is really trying to up their game for their 2030 Vision which will see 30million pilgrims insha’Allah enter the country.
In order to do this, they have promised several changes to the current issuance of visa, which will help aid the process and make it easier for pilgrims to get their visas.
There are a lot more changes to come in place soon which I know many people are asking about such as the tourist visa extension, this is still not confirmed and not actually live.
For now, however, we have the very best thing I have been dreaming of especially as an expat. An Umrah E-visa!
Until now in order to issue an Umrah visa who had to send your passport to the Umrah agent, who then took it to the Saudi embassy in order to stamp and activate it. This process took nearly 2-3 weeks!
Please read the new Umrah Visa Rules for 2019/2020 here, as these affect the visa as well. Instead of 24hrs the visa now takes 10 days be to issued.
The New Umrah E-Visa
The new Umrah E-visa basically means that you do not need to send your passport to your agent any more in order for them to issue the visa!
You still need an agent though! You just don’t have to send the passport to them but only email a scanned copy of it!
In the UK I recommend Prince Visa I have been using them for myself and thousands of other readers, you receive 20% when mentioning MTG on the form or by phone. This ONLY applies to UK citizens and people with a British residence permit.
Please note the process should be the same for your own country but confirm with your Umrah agent.
As of September 2019 the Umrah visa feee has increased and now it costs around £250 /£300 per person to issue a visa.
Prince Visa still offers a discount to MuslimTravelGirls reader’s just make sure you mention us to get it.
Can you find cheaper? – Maybe yes, I have heard of people getting visas for cheaper but I have also heard of plenty of mistakes being done with dates and visas with agents. I rather pay for a reputable agency a little more and have a peace of mind.
I don’t receive a commission from the Umrah visa fee you pay, I do this as sadaqa and for the fact, my readers receive good service with no problems.
Here is how the process works for issuing an Umrah visa from the United Kingdom! – Should be the same for every country
- You can pay for your Umrah Visa here. – Please enter the fee and next to it the discount MTG code so they know.
- You upload a copy of your passport’s front page here.
- If you are not a British National you will need to scan your residence card as well (this applies to all countries that you reside but not an actual national)
- Accept the terms
- Sign the form with your mouse (try your best signature)
Umrah E-Visa Issuance and Duration
The best news about the Umrah E-visa is not only the convenience of not having to send in your passport and spend money on couriers but also the fact that it takes about 24 hours to be active. With the new rules however it might take around 10 days for your visa to be issued.
Here are a few things you need to remember
- Umrah visa will be issued within 10 days
- You have to specify your travel dates for the Umrah visa, so please make sure you pay attention
- Your visa is valid for 15 days from issuance
- You can travel and stay in Saudi Arabia for 15 days without problems
Few important things to remember!
1 Make sure you specify your travel dates because your visa will become invalid.
Having an Umrah E-Visa now makes it easier for them to track people and manage the flow of pilgrims. They can change the numbers allowed in and if you miss your dates you will have to apply again and pay the repeat fee.
2. You can apply from any country even if you are not a national but have a residence permit. If you don’t you cannot apply for Umrah visa.
For example: If you are Pakistani national living in Britain and have RP you are OK to apply. If you have a student visa you cannot.
Same applies to Canadians in the US that are on other types of visas. If they have a Green card they can apply for an Umrah visa from the US. If not you need to find an agent in your country and just send them a scanned copy of your passport.
3. If you have been before the end of the two Hijri years you will have to pay an extra 2000SAR per person, this is taken not by the agent but paid to Saudi.
4. You can stay in Saudi for 15 days without problems, your visa might be for 30 days but there have been cases where the person has been blacklisted from going again due to overstaying.
Please don’t risk it for a few extra days unless you plan not to go for several years. I have seen the marker on their name with my own eyes from the Umrah agent. So for me, it is not worth the risk.
Don’t email me asking if this is allowed, it is at your own discretion.
Overall I am very excited about this news and I was so happy to receive them yesterday.
It helps pilgrims plan their DIY Umrah better as they know their Umrah visa now takes only 24 hours.
They save money on the courier, which as an expat used to cost me £100 on top.
It is progress in the right direction and I think I feel very positive about the new Saudi 2030 vision and how they will cope.