I think it’s time to get this party started and share with you my awesome trip for Umrah. I know many people are waiting on this series but since I came back I became ill.
Apparently everyone gets sick when doing Umrah or Hajj. The whole experience was slightly different than I expected and if you read my previous post on preparing myself I have to say it was an underestimate.
The amount of walking that you need to do is beyond the statement my friend’s made “you need to start walking” it is approximately 3 to 6 miles or more depending on how many tawafs you want to make.
For someone who actually does very little exercise (I know it is bad) I felt totally out of my depth. Then take the ‘germ galore’ of the thousands of people who are in a small space coupled with the weather change and dry atmosphere and you have the perfect conditions for the reason why I became ill and felt as though I was in a daze for thelast few days I was there and finally my body gave up fighting.
Don’t get me wrong I loved the whole thing but I guess as my first Umrah it was my preparation for the hopefully many more to come where I will be more prepared, now that I know what to expect.
Hopefully I will be able to give tips to those of you who will also be going for the first time.
Let’s start this whole series from the beginning. I will split these series into the actual experience, photo albums of the area, the mosque and Medina and the “how to part” of the actual bookings and steps I took.
If you haven’t seen the previous posts of the photo album of Mekkah then you can check it out here and if you want to skip the waiting on the how to then you can check my book which has all the information required. I simply followed my own advice 😉
This will be the approximate index of my trip and you will find more under the Umrah section in my blog.
- BA lounge Review Manchester Airport
- Hotel Review: Holiday Inn London Heathrow
- BA Galleries full photo tour of the empty morning lounge (I was lucky!)
- BA Club Europe (business class) London to Istanbul review
- Review: Primeclass lounge Istanbul airport
- Saudi Airlines Istanbul to Jeddah
- Jedda airport immigration chaos
- Photos from Mekkah- the Holiest city in the world for Muslims
- Hotel Review: Hilton Makkah Towers
- Transporation from Jeddah airport to Mekkah and Medinah
- How Muslims Perform Umrah +Photo album of Haram
- Hilton Hotel review of the lounge and rooms
- Photo album of the road trip from Mekkah to Medina
- Hotel Review: Dar Al Iman Intercontinental Medina
I will be updating this page as I post the articles as I am sure once I start many more things will be coming up that I want to share with you.
In the mean time if you have questions or anything you would like me to share that I may have forgotten then please feel free to comment or contact me and I will.
So with all that said let’s get this party started 🙂